The two of us Michelle Andy Holidays Our sites

Lancs & Cornwall 06
Day 10 -

Sunday, 24 Sep. 2006 -  After a good nights rest, we woke up fairly early in the morning.  Since it was a Sunday we didn't think that there would be much open so we decided to take advantage of this fact by dedicating the day to playing on the beach.  Thanks to Andy's knowledge of the tides and him paying attention to the times we were at the beach he knew that the tide wasn't expected to be out far enough for us to be playing on the beach until closer to lunch so we had all morning to chat and not have to rush out the door.  During this time we downloaded the photos we had taken to date and started burning some backup copies for me to take him and to ensure that we didn't lose all of our holiday pictures. 

Eventually we packed a snack to take with us for at the beach and then had an early lunch before heading out.  By this time I had the route from our cottage to Portscatho memorized, which is a big deal since I was constantly getting lost driving around closer to Andy's home and couldn't figure out where I was or where I was going for the life of me.  This meant that we didn't actually need to have the sat-nav with us but remembering previous occasions when we didn't bring it, I thought it would be best if we brought it along just in case!

Upon arriving at the beach we were a little disappointed that the weather was grey and it looked like it was going to rain, but we didn't let that deter us too much.  We found a spot to get settled in, then we started to set up a small 2.5 Gallon tank that we brought with us to make it easier to take photos of some of the different types of animals we planned on catching.  We added a small amount of sand to the tank along with a few pieces of seaweed in the hopes that this would help fish settle in a little before taking any photos.  We did find that we had a bit of a problem with floating debris in the tank from adding the sand but hoped that most of it would settle before adding the first fish. 

After everything we set up it was time to go looking for some fish.  It didn't take very long before we found some more shannies so we decided to add one to the small tank to test how the set up worked.   The setup didn't work as well as we had hoped it would since the outside of the glass started to fog up from the coldwater in the tank and the shanny started to panic a bit since there wasn't anywhere for it to hide and stirred up some of the debris that had settled in the tank.


Click here to see more of today's photos.

  < Previous - Next >


[Contact Us] [Copyright] [Privacy Statement] [Terms of use] [Disclaimer] [Links]